Bard Ray became the absolute military leader of Hermes guild then he became the king of the Haven Kingdom. And finally, he was the first gamer to become Emperor on the Central Continent. He almost unified it, but at a price of a merciless policy of power through efficient treachery and betrayal(v43c1).
His name is also translated "Bad Ray/Bradley" in some case.
- His real name is unknown, but he is an american, of french origin, living in New-York (v40c8), who likes to jog very early in the morning (5:00 AM).
- Bard Ray, as a gamer, got the black knight class. For that, he had to achieve the knight status through shadow behavior and dark means. "A knight thinks very highly of loyalty and honour, where those stat do NOT matter to a Black Knight who endlessly pursued strength and power" (v30c5).
- Currently Bard Ray is on quest to master class (v27c3). He already reached is 16th quest (v30c5).
- Proud, methodical, cunning and always looking for more power. He is hard working and very disciplined.
- He has an endless greed for power and he'll use everything he can to get what he wants" (v30c5).
- His line is : “A strong person has everything. My dream is to become stronger.” (v30c5).
- He can hold a grudge for a very long time and is used to be at the top of the food chain. He uses every means he can to win over other and favors treachery as a way to win.
- Bard Ray is known as Hermes Guild's strongest and highest level swordsman. He is one of highest ranker in Royal Road, if not the highest... and as the reputation to be the "Strongest of the Continent".
- Hundreds of thousands of comments are posted on each of his video" (v18c4).
- He is the first user to acquire the Emperor status. His only rival left, in that regard, is Weed, who became a legendary Emperor of the past, the Emperor of the Palos Empire.
- The Hermes Guild had grown thanks to Lafaye (v43c1), who is managing the Empire. But Bard Ray always was the leading force on the front stage.
- His status within Hermes goes through various stages of power. It reflect the rise in power of Hermes and his growing dominance over the other political factions, be it within the kingdom of Haven or within Royal Road guild system.
- There are, at least, 4 stages.
Stage 1 : a primus inter paresEdit
Bard Ray is not yet Hermes guildmaster. He is only the strongest wolf of the pack and he keeps a relatively "low" profile. Some describe him as a potential leader. Other as a leader behind the curtain.
Stage 2 : a guild leaderEdit
Bard Ray becomes Hermes official guildmaster.
Stage 3 : a kingEdit
Bard Ray becomes the king of the Haven kingdom
Stage 4 : an EmperorEdit
Bard Ray becomes the Emperor of the Haven Empire. As such, he receive a new type of Emperor quest (v43c10), related to his class and status.
In Continent of MagicEdit
- He was an elite (in top 5) of the old game, the formerly popular MMORPG "Continent of Magic" (v9c2) but in the end, he lost badly against Weed.
Starting Royal roadEdit
- He started his Royal Road gamer career as Earl Malkan’s minion in the Haven Kingdom (v43c1). There, he became a knight, and won over Malkan family’s sword techniques and legacy. He became the earl very early on, after Malkan was poisoned. After that, he became a full fledged black knight through efficient treachery and betrayal (v43c1).
- He wants to submit the whole Continent and become RR's final Emperor Emperor. He is one of Weed main nemesis, with the evil Embinyu Cult.
During stage 1Edit
- For a long time, a leading figure of the strongest guild in the Haven Kingdom.
- During the first war between Kallamore Kingdom and Haven Kingdom, Bard Ray and his black knight unit played a crucial role in the war between the two nations. He forced Kallamore armees to retreat to their fortress by cutting their supply route. But he also got punished by his guildmaster for taking initiative and disobeying a direct order. (v18 c4)
- He met a few Sword Master, including Percia, solved his quest and learned the skill Sword of Mana (v27c6). But he was not able to collect all special sword skills. in that regard, Weed did better.
During stage 2Edit
- After Hermes Guild overthrew the royal family of Haven Kingdom, he ascended as Haven Kingdom new king, at level 412 (v9c1 ??? need proof check). In that regard, he did better than Weed.
- During the second war, between both Kingdom, he won over Kallamore first knight (name mising) and killed him in a (not so fair) duel (reference missing). Then he killed their king, destroying and looting the country. As the result, Van Hawk became a
During stage 3Edit
- He is currently aiming at becoming a black knight master (v27c3), at level 480. Competing directly against Weed, he is the second player to go public for his master quest. In that regard, he lost to Weed.
- Description of some element of his quest within vol27-28
- During his quest, he fought a Battle of the past between Kelton Kingdom and Mapon Kingdom, on the side of Kelton Kingdom, and was able to achieve an overwhelming victory (v27c6).
- He achieved his 16th quest by conquering the historic Fontainebleau Castle through treachery (v30c5). Same tactic as for his original Earl title.
- At the moment, he is stuck at the end of his master quest and can't move forward, because his level at sword mastery is still lacking (advanced level 8 v30c5). He is also lacking in term of collecting the 9 special skill of master swordmen. So he cannot access the final technique quest, where Weed succeeded.
During stage 4Edit
- He is the first to achieve the status of Emperor in the present day. Even if Weed achieved this special status during his skill quest in the past, where he became the founder of the Palos Empire.
- He is presently the only one to act on emperor quest (v43c10).
- He is currently at level 512 (v40c4)
Emperor restricted questEdit
- Bard ray benefits from the special Emperor restricted quest. Those quest gives stat (permanent) and combat (temporary) bonus. Those quest (v43c10 for description of quest content) suits the ways a dark knight Emperor is raising to power. They are very beneficial. But they push Bard Ray on a dangerous path...
- List of quests:
- Kill Imperial knight Naet
- Kill 10 imperial knights
- Kill 100 imperial knights and 2 nobles
- Reveal rebels at Asthon Castle (part 1)
- Suppress rebels at Ashton Castle (part 2)
His combat SkillEdit
His first weapon specialization is the sword. He combat one handed. He is also specialized in horse combat, and at the lance.
Level of sword masteryEdit
He was :
- Advanced level 4 v9c10,
- Advanced level 6 or more v27c6
- Advanced level 8 v30c5
More to come
Opinion over his real sword masteryEdit
Appreciation of his real sword skill. They are very powerful, but still so so in terms of real swordmastership... in the Geomchi expert trainer opinion v27c6.
List of sword skillEdit
Some of the sword skills, Bard Ray is known to use :
- Black Knight’s Strike v27c6
- Hero's sword skill v28c7
- Mana sword skill, learned from Master swordsman Percia v27c6
- Spatial destruction v28c8
- Sunset sword skill, a potential master Skill v28c7
- Strong will skill v27c6
- Sword awakening skill v27c6
- Knight Malkan family’s sword techniques v43c1
As a character, one of Bard Ray's real source of power are his equipment, giving him the title as the "God of Weapons." Some of his mentioned weapons and armors are:
- A Legendary Black Armor
- An Unbreakable Sword, which features matches perfectly with his Sword Awakening skill. v27c6
- The Sword of the Royal Knight from Kelton Kingdom.
- The Legendary Lightning Spear (v28c7) that he uses on a horse
- The horse Rindullin, that he can summon at will on the battlefield, with the help of a Magician (v28c7).
Number of weaponsEdit
He is limited in the number of weapons he can use. Only a special subclass, like martial artist has no limitation whatever. But he own many different swords, to optimize his skills output. Example: More to come.
Other assets during combat Edit
Bard Ray is never seen alone on the battle field. He can always rely on fellow black knights and the supports of magic users and clerics. Also, he knows very well when to attack his ennemies. More to come (a few examples).
Relationship to WeedEdit
It's complicated. But basically, it's a rivalry between 2 men and also a culture clash.
- Early on, he ordered, Weed, the Lord of Morata to be hunted down by the guild's assassin and soldiers numerous time (v19c6).
- At stage 4, the bounty over Weed head is:
- 70 millions
- a lord status (v43c10)
- all the benefits related to the reputation of catching Weed (media coverage, TV show, etc.)
This tactic failed repeatedly. But it's still under way (v43c10). Also, those who helped Weed would be killed and their house or store owned in a city would be closed and destroyed (v44c1). After the fall of Formos castle (v44c1), it was raised again.
- Bounty was increased to 100 million gold,
- Position of a city lord
- Highest grade equipment.
Also, senior magicians and assassins were again dispatched to track him. Code name was Big Bear Hunting, but Lafaye strongly doubted it.
Continent of MagicEdit
- Bard Ray and his Elite Members were once the strongest guild in the formerly popular MMORPG "Continent of Magic" (v9c2) with him as one of the top 5 players. However, during the time that the popularity of the game was dwindling down, he and his guildmates decided to move on. But still, Bard Ray remains attached with his title of being the strongest in Continent of Magic.
- During his absence, the legendary "God of War" Weed emerged. A player that manage to clear the dungeon and accomplish quests that he and his guild could not even achieve during their reign in the game.
- When he logged back, on his own, he was repeatedly and utterly defeated by this new gamer. These defeats led to hatred towards Weed. This experience created a huge impact on their relationship in Royal Road, without Weed even knowing.
Clash in the Melbourne MineEdit
By "luck", he met Weed in the Melbourne Mine, while hunting the demon Domus in a not so fair duel. After winning this first duel, with the support of his troops, he sold Weed's Talrock's armor on the internet (v30c6).
At the same time, he is secretly admiring Weed and studying his sword skills.