The first mention of a way to change to Necromancer class from a Magician at level 200 or higher. In order to do so, one must meet one of the few Necromancer or rely on a Necromancer's legacy . Therefore, this is a rare class advancement . It was unlocked by Weed and indirectly promotedthrough the media, and Weed's public video .
The Necromancer profession is unable to exert its full power due to Goddess Freya's curse. It was stated when Weed went back in time to Slay the Gluttony Demon. Freya was ready to release some of those restriction to assist Weed. However it is not know if the effects still persist, and applies to every Necromancer on the central continent.
A some point, a necromancer can be considered a one man army . Here are the reasons why :
- the more living the necromancer kills, the more undead he can potentially summon. And the stronger his undead army may become .
- Lower level undead that fall in battle can be re-summoned for a lower Mana cost through the Undead Rise spell.
- Some of the experience, reputation (fame) and loot coming from killing with his undead goes directly to the necromancer, helping him to raise his level faster .
- On top of xp, under certain circumstances, a necromancer can gain Health and Mana through his undead killing frenzy.
- Summoning a large amount of Undead allows faster hunting. (for example, weed is said to have been able to hunt '4' times faster ).
- One has to be an necromancer to be safe around undeads. Therefore, it is a lonely class.
- Controlling large number of undead, and especially high level undead are influence by other stat. For example, high Leadership stat and Honor are useful to easier control dark knights.
- Often, corpses and specific skill are needed to summon high ranked undead. Also, quality of the corpse determines the type and strength of the undead, and even the possibility of it keeping part of his former skills & personality.
- To maintain the undead, necromantic magic mana without end. The larger the number of undead, the higher the output. Same with stronger undead.
- Undead are vulnerable to holy magic, etc
- As a magic based on darkness, and often evil, this class is disliked by many other class, especially Paladin & most of the cleric class.
Class informations Edit
level of skillEdit
Necromantic spells are organized into 3 plus 1 categories.
- Dead Rising (low tier magic)
- Undead Rising (intermediate tier magic)
- Living undead summoning (higher tier magic, related to the soul)
- Necromantic Legacy (master level creation)
Dead Rising(Low grade) Edit
"Rise sleepless spirits living here undetected by eyes. Take revenge on those that killed you! Dead Rise!"
- Skeleton (various) 
- Zombies -Cheesy kind that walked slowly, but they had acidic venom and high defense.turned out like the cheesy kind that walked slowly, but they had acidic venom and high defense.[Vol19 Ch8]
If low tier undead died in battle, the mana cost to re-summon them is halved.
Undead rising (intermediate grade) Edit
"May you live and come back to this land. Come back to this place, a dark and corrupt land. Do not disappear. In the law of darkness engraved to you. Undead Rise!"
- Skeleton : Mage or other special class that require a more specific set of skill
- Dullahan knight (intermediate ranking)
A small chance to also summon Boss Class Dullahan or Boss Skeleton Mage.
- Can be used to raise other type of monster (intermediate level) that will retain only 1/2 of their max health, 1/3 of their defense and delivering 1/3 of their original damage.
Undead(soul)summoning (high grade) Edit
Unlike Low Tier and Middle Tier Undead summoning, high level corpse is needed, around level 300. But it is also possible to summon them through any normal corpse if the necromancer use the legendary Copper Plate of Eternal Rest
“Rise again. I will save you from the tortures at the bottom of the hell. I will give you power, enough to rule the world. Summon Death Knight!”
Living undead Summon:
- Death Knight
Impact on the summoning Edit
Undead Strength & weakeness Edit
- One way to strengthen an undead, is to equip him with better armor and weapon, this is especially true at a lower level. Or to use the adequate support spell, like Bone Armor for example.
- Blessing don't give any benefit to undead, on the contrary, it hurts or even destroy them.
- Leadership skill applies to undead, for example skeletons will benefit from the aura of a dark knight
Undead raising their level Edit
Undead, as any other monster, can raise his experience bar. This is especially true for higher level undead, with a stronger conscience & personality. Good example are Weed's undead subordinate : Tori or Van Hawk
Master Summoning skill Edit
Differ from ordinary or expert Undead summoning, Special Undead Summoning need specific spell & special material (a specific monster corpse for example). For example :
- Summon Undead Warrior with intact soul.
(Tier 4 spell by Bar Khan's Necromancer Tome)
- Summon special undead, like Tair Berger or Bone dragon
The spell Bone Dragon summoning is a creation from Bar Khan himself. It is a high ranked, high level magic. Weed obtained the secret method of Bone Dragon Creation, after killing the the Bone Dragon Dyark in Vargo Fortress.
Master Bar Khan's reputation & legacy Edit
The necromancer Bar Khan, when he was still alive was considered the highest master alive in necromancer magic. Inside RR, his magic tome, Bar Khan's Necromancer Tome is a major legacy item, equivalent to one or more master's special skill.
- A character wearing Van Hawk’s Magic Helm can summon level 50 undeads. So, undead summoning and control, under certain special circumstances, are available to other classes.
- Bar Khan's Necromancer Tome is the legacy item.
- The higher the level of the undead, the more difficult it is to tame it and the more dangerous it becomes. For example, Weed has to carefully tame Tori or Van Hawk, again and again.