Royal Road includes historical and artistic references to 32 Gods and 11 Goddesses, called the "Circle of Gods". Subsequently, there are 43 Gods and Goddesses that are active or could be "reactived" by players.
Pantheon of Gods
Ingame, Gods are special entities that influence many major events and legendary quests by bestowing their divine magic and blessing to users. They truly are key figures, invisible and influential in the Versailles Continent history. They also are a key part of Culture. Many Gods were said to be "long forgotten" before being rediscovered through users quest .
Gods are capable to appears in the game through high level summoning, as seen. But they generally do NOT appear in the game. Still, they can influence the outcome, through blessing, and also support their cult through bestowing of sacred items, or on a daily base, through the bestowal of divine magic.
- 3 unknown members of Hermes Guild
- Geomchi 3. He earned the title by surviving at the Earth Palace battle.
- Bard Ray
Names and Attributes
The full Circle of God is still to be revealed. Here is a first list (including name, attribute, first appearance and context):
- Abraxas: appears in the prologue of the manhwa
- Ahtrok: God of War 
- Batalli : God of fighting, was resurrected with the help of Herman, another god with a sword.
- Belchebelt: One of the Evil God pantheon 
- Embinyu (엠비뉴 교단): God of darkness, evil and destruction , his avatar appears as a giant black and dark shape with 8 arms. Each arm has his own weapon.
- Freya: Goddess of beauty and abundance 
- Galeria: God of conquest , likes war and territory expansion; will grant blessings to those fighting against Barbarians and monsters. His followers cause war and are disliked for that very same reason. His blessing increase power.
- Lugh : God of Sun, light and brightness 
- Hagar: God of lightning . His church disappeared during the warring age. It was resurrected with the Garden of Gods
- Hestia: Goddess of the home, the warms, and therefore the kitchen and the hearth
- Matallost : Guide and protector of the dead 
- Minne (대지의 여신 미네): Goddess of Nature and Earth, also known as the Goddess of Mother Earth , bestowed Weed with blessing.
- Tares: Divine attribute unknown. A cathedral to Tares was build in Morata 
- Thor: Divine attribute unknown , bestowed Weed with a godly sword and armor
- Tiron: God of justice and law 
- Turoche: God of time and travel 
- Tyr: God of Battle  A god of the Niflheim, the knights of Vent Castle kept his faith alive.
- Valhalla: Divine attribute unknown. Church was held hostage of Embinyu.
More Gods, with no name and incomplete data:
Each Gods/Goddesses has his/her own Church/Cult. The religious orders represent, support and defend the interest of their Cult.
A traditional church order is made of:
- a high leader, or high priest, called Pope for the Freya Church
- a council of Higher Priests,
- local leaders (intermediary level), called Bishop for the Freya Church
- local council of Priest (intermediary level)
- many Priests and monks
- a large population of followers
Also, depending of their attributes, they may have secondary ressources, in general, an important military component with, for example:
- Paladins, for the Lugh or Freya churches.
But not every cult should fit this description, that was given for Freya and Lugh. Churches could be smaller or have a different type of organization, in regard to their attribute.
Churches are also in possession of powerful artifacts.
The Embinyu Cult of destruction is a hidden and evil Cult. Has won other 11 other Churches/Cults. Two of them have been set free so far by Weed: Matallost and Valhalla, both linked to the dead. The Cult is also proven to be responsible for the fall of the Niflheim Empire. It was forbidden on the Central Continent and hunted down. In the warring age, Weed even destroyed the God's avatar, with the help of the dragon Aussolet. The 3 famous adventurers, Unring, Ben and Elliks, during their quest to restore the Valhalla Cult found and destroyed the remaining 5th arm of Embinyu's avatar in boiling lava.
The Order of Freya is a prominent Religious Order in the South, and an ally of Lugh, present for example in Rosenheim and in Morata. Their main church is at Somuren Liberty City. It's also the most present thus far in the novel. Also, Alveron, a young, humble and talented high priest is ment to become their next Pope. He was trained under Weed's supervision.
- Known Sacred Relic: Helain's Cup, Fargo’s Crown of Prosperity, and (Freya's) Rending Sword.
The Church of Lugh revered light & brightness. It is the natural opposite of the Darkness attribute. Lugh Symbol is the Sun. It's the sworn enemy of the Embinyu Church. There is also a Church and a golden statue of Lugh in Morata.
- Known Sacred Relic: Sword of Lugh, currently a stained sword, by Balkan's strong Death Aura. Was given back to the Order by Weed. The Order had to repair it (. The sword power was restored, after Spenson reached the Church Sanctum in Argoldia 
The Matallost Church was almost destroyed by the Embinyu Cult. It was saved through Weed's quest.
Had a similar fate to the Matallost Church. It should be a cult of the dead. It strongly opposed Embinyu Cult but ended being corrupted and finally taken over by the Embinyu Cult, to the point where it became the 12th Embinyu sect. We don't know much about its current state.
- Known Sacred Relic: Torch of Justice
The 3 famous adventurers, Unring, Ben and Elliks, during their quest to restore the Valhalla Cult destroyed the remaining influence of Embinyu Cult, and also they found and destroyed the 5th arm of Embinyu's avatar in boiling lava .
From external source:
- Embinyu is translated as a church, but should be labelled an evil cult, or an ancient and evil order. It can be compared for example to Apep (or Apophis), the Egyptian God of Evil, Darkness and Destruction, who treatened to destroy the Sun God Ra.
- Lugh was worshipped in Ireland as a deity of the sun (sometimes written as Lu). On wikipedia, it is said that Lugh masters all craftmanship and all arts (similar to a certain famous sculptor ?); his mission is to win over the darkness and undo/righten the wrongness of the World. There is also a Sun God in the Egyptian mythology, named Ra.
- Freya is a goddes from Norse Mythology, who married Odin (a similar figure to Lugh). She is famous for her fondness of love, fertility, beauty, and fine material possessions.
- Valhalla in the Northern mythology is the holy place of the dead. Should be a God close to Matallost which mission is to guide the departing dead on their path.