There have been two major empires of note in the past.
- The Von Arpen Empire or the Arpenian Empire
- The Niflheim Empire
The Niflheim Empire ruled over a large portion of the Northern Continent, where as the Arpenian Empire succeded in conquoring the Versailles Continent in it's entirety. Even though the Niflheim Empire didn't conquer the entirety of the Versailles Continent, it was definitely more powerful than any other traditional kingdom present at the time and thus reserved the right to be called an "Empire". Both fell and left behind tremendous resources and magic for users to find.
Arpenian Empire (Geihar Von Arpen) Edit
- The length of existence of The Arpenian Empire is unknown, but under Emperor Geihar von Arpen; he successfully expanded the territory to cover the entire Versailles Continent.
- The fall of the Arpenian Empire happened roughly 1000 years ago (v30c7).
- The collapse of the empire may be due to the decline in the central power of the empire, after Geihar von Arpen dismissed all of his living sculptures.
- The collapse also may be the result of Geihar von Arpen refusing to appoint his successor, but this is speculation.
- Then, from a single empire which covered the entire continent, the empire fell and divided into several kingdom.
- Geihar Von Arpen left two Seals of the Empire, one was the Mysterious Bird seal, and the other was the Seal of the Emperor seal, which Weed restored.
- Geihar also left various living sculptures behind, some of which are alive to this day. His master quest led Weed to reclaim more and more of this long lost legacy.
More to come
Niflheim Empire Edit
- After the fall of the Arpenian Empire, Niflheim Empire was established in the Northern Continent.
- The gap between the downfall of the Arpenian Empire and the establishment of the Niflheim Empire is unclear, but the Niflheim Empire reigned over several centuries.
- The idea of this empire was to expand it's territory over the entire continent. They considered the Arpenian Empire as their role model.
- Throughout its reign, the empire kept searching for artifacts and relics of the lost Arpenian Empire.
- The Niflheim empire possesed a very strong military as well as great political power, but their fall (v8c9) was, presumeably, due to the corruption of the leading class.
- It is suspected that the mysterious Embinyu cult was, at least, partly responsible of this downfall. And it is proved that they were responsible for the death of the last Emperor, Eben Niflheim VI - "an outstanding Knight and Warrior, which died in the Sendeim Valley" (v8c9).
- For over 100 years, due to the destructive nature of the evil Embinyu Cult, nobody knew the real reason of the Niflheim Empire's collapse. But Weed, through his quest, revealed the true nature of the Embinyu conspiracy to other players.
More to come
Ressources of the lost Empire Edit
Both Empires left behind tremendous resources for players. Also, various treasures of the two Empires have been spread throughout the continent, such as the Dragon Sword at Las Phalanx and Emperor Geihar Von Arpen's royal sword style techniques at the Goblin Dungeon.
More to come
Candidates to become an Empire Edit
There are a few candidates to become a new Empire in the future.
In the pastEdit
- Raum Kingdom almost became an Empire 
in the presentEdit
- ↑ Volume 34 Chpater 5