On the continent, there are various means of transportation as are various mediums to travel through:
- Regular Transportation means like using tamed mammals (common) and tamed monsters (usually high level users)
- Special movement skills
- Magic and portals (rare, if not very rare)
Regular transportation meansEdit
The most classic method is using feet, as many explorers/andventurers enjoy walking, running, or even swimming.
- Swimmers have a skill that increases the time they can stay submerged.
- Horse, a versatile animal used as a beast of burden by merchants using carrieges or a mobile warfare platform by knights, tamed by related skills, bought or rented.
- Bactrian camel, a very needed animal used in the desert by travellers and Desert Warriors alike.
Tamed monsters :
- Wolf drawn sleds increase travel speed in arctic zones.
- Griffon, a very versatile monster used for transport/travel and combat wise
- ships, rafts, galleons, carriages, wagons, leather fittings ( for aerial travel/transport )
- Toadstool porridge units often drink poison to cause death as a travel method.
Special Movement skillEdit
- Picture teleportation skill of an Aqualight painter, which allows an almost unlimited form of travelling provided counter-measures aren't in place and the painter can recreate the landscape in his/her painting with the travellers with great fidelty. This form of transportation is used a lot by Weed when hunting in the Central Continent or when travelling long distances, provided he bribes his sister.
- Time travel, the last secret sculpting skill, which allows the user to go anywhere in history, though some penalties may incur if misused.
- Moment Sculpting, a skill that stops time in a limited area in which the user can move freely at the expense of vitality and Moment energy Points.
There are various in-game skills that increasestats such as vitality or agility and/or decrease stamina consumption such as:
- a swimmer can increase speed stamina and time through repeated practice.
- mammal mounting, as previously said, the mounter may posses skills related to his class
- A necromancer can increase the overall performance of the summons.
- A Death Knight can summon a Phantom Horse.
- A leader/commander often has skills that increase stats of his/her subordinates
- A ship captain's skills influence the speed and manuverability
- Quadruple run increases speed and decreases stamina consumption, skill learned when imitating animals for a greater uderstanding, aquired during the Quest to learn Darone's sculpting skill.
- Sculpture distruction skill can transfer art points to agility points at a ratio depending on the destroyed sculpture: fine, master or grand.The increase in said stat confers the user the related abilities.
- Shapeshift by using Sculptural Shapeshifting skill or quaternary poly-morph wizard spell (v6c1) into :
Magic and portalsEditAccess to magic is a useful, if not a strategic ressource in Royal Road.
- Levitation v48
- Various kind of buff spells (on movement speed, strengh, vitality, stamina consumption, blessings of a priest or a god)
- Portals created & operated by users or church orders using priests.
- Magic items (ring, staff, scroll etc.) or travelling equipment, like clothing or armor pieces as well as items infused with magic or egraved after creation.
Sometimes Travelling/Transportation is made harder by negative conditions.
- inadequate preparations
- high monster presence
- abnormally low/high temperature
- very long journey
- lack of supplies
- skill/magic limitations
- abnormal inflicted stats (poison/curses)
- lack of direction/map
- space distortion ( Roderick's labyrinth)
- lack of intimacy with the mount (colt), especially deadly wile flying
or as another type of classification:
- Using tamed creatures( Horse,wolf)
Under ground, requires racial skills
- squashy wriggler
- earth worm
- Wind/man propelled ships/rafts
Under sea requires racial or specific skills.
- sea creature shapeshifters
Through Air requires racial/profession skills, spells or magic items:
- Using tamed creatures( griffons, wyveryns
- shapeshifting into a race with flying abilities
- Spell: Fly of a mage
- Spell: Levitation
- Item: feather ol lightness, cacels momentum of a fall
- Weed's time travel skill
- Moment sculpting stops time in a limited area to allow the user freedom of movement
Through miscellaneous places:
- Lava lakes: a fire giant, chaos warrior or phoenix, due to their immunity to fire damage
- Frozen landscape:Binryong, an icedragon sculptural lifeform